So you've found a layered sewing pattern and you're not sure what to do next. Here's the concise how-to post you need!
What is a layered pattern?
Layered patterns are pattern files that are made so that you can select and print only one size at a time. This way you don't have to sort through all the confusing lines on a pattern, you can simply print the size you need!
How to Print a Layered Pattern
*Note that these directions and screenshot are using a Mac computer, so you may need to adjust slightly for some of the computer commands
1. First you will need to download Adobe Acrobat, which is free and can be downloaded here.
2. Find the PDF file for the pattern you'd like to print. Right click and select "Open With" and then select Adobe Acrobat.
3. Once in Adobe Acrobat, click the Layers icon on the left side of the screen. It will pull up a menu with all the layers the file has.
**If you pull up a file and find that there are no size layers, then that pattern does not come with the layer feature. Always read the product description to double check if your pattern comes with layered sizes.
4. Uncheck the sizes you don't want printed, leaving you with just the size you plan on making.
5. Click File > Print and make sure to print according to the instructions inside the pattern. For Edgewater Avenue patterns you will print at 100% scale or "do not scale", and make sure there's no "fit to page" or scaling option selected.
If you come across any questions, feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org